Affiliate Disclosure: I may earn money or products from the companies and links mentioned in this post. I do use Google adsense, as well as Amazon associate links.
Maybe you’re a great web designer and you want to learn about more about copywriting. Maybe you’re just an average blogger, but you want to sell a book or just write better.
Either way–you could benefit from learning copywriting.
I’ve spent the last year learning about copywriting. Actually, I’ve already wrote a post on how to become a better copywriter. While there are many paid courses out there, you can easily get a free education through many of these sites. Without further ado, here are 10 of the best sites for learning copywriting.
I love Neville Medora. He could probably write some copy on buying a frog and I’d want to buy a frog. While his “kopywriting kourse” cost money (and is worth it), his blog is free. He offers so much great insight into why people buy and sell.
- Powerwashing Flyers that took business from zero to $13,202 per month
- How To Become A Copywriter (with No Experience)
- Copywriting Headlines That Sell (with Templates & Swipe File)
- Why this guy is still totally poor
Neil Patel is another favorite. I would also buy a frog from him, if he was selling frogs. Neil works on so many outlets. You look on some random website and there’s Neil! If you’re just getting started writing or selling online, you’ve got to follow Neil.
- The Definitive Guide to Copywriting
- 7 Simple Copywriting Tweaks That’ll Shoot Your Conversion Rate Up
- When Concise Marketing Copy Converts Better
- Latest Trends in Headline Creation and Their Success
Darren Rowse has been blogging since 2002. His blog offers an interesting perspective on content marketing, blogging, and copywriting.
- 5 Ways to Make Your Blogging Life Easier
- 9 Copywriting Rules To Create Hypnotic Posts Your Readers Will Love
- Top 15 FREE Internet Marketing Tools To Boost Your Online Business
- A Social Media Etiquette Guide You Might Find Useful
CopyBlogger is the brainchild of Brian Clark. He’s created a kingdom of WordPress, copy, and content resources. Copyblogger has morphed from a blog to also include podcasts and educational resources like seminars.
- 7 Ways to Simplify Complex Content While Maintaining Sophistication and Nuance
- The Amazingly Simple Anatomy of a Meaningful Marketing Story [Infographic]
- The ABCs of Landing Pages That Work [Infographic]
- What to Do When You Absolutely, Positively Must Know if Your Content Will Rock
CopyHackers is brought to you by Joanna Wiebe and Lance Jones. While I’m pretty new to Copy Hackers, they have some great content on how to write and how to improve your writing.
- Copywriting Crash Course | Mad Men (2015 Infographic)
- Write an about page without making these stinky mistakes
- To measure the copy you write, use this graphic
- How Long Should Your Pages Be?
Carol Tice started “Make a Living Writing” in 2005. For 10 years, she’s shared big wins in her own freelancing and helped freelance writers win too.
- 37 Essential Freelance Writing Terms You Need to Know
- Want to be a Six-Figure Freelancer? Here’s What That’s Really Like
- Writing an Article vs. Writing a Blog Post: What’s the Difference?
- Why You Should Stop Writing Blog Posts (and What to Do Instead)
Matt Ambrose’s blog, the Copywriter’s Crucible, is a highly rated resource for copywriters and business owners.
- eBook – How to Become a Freelance Copywriter from Scratch
- 4 Extremely Unexpected Places to Find Copywriting Wisdom
- 7 Steps to Creating Exceptional Content
- 11 Tools to Power Your Content Marketing Planning in 2015
John Forde will teach you how to sell with writing. His blog comes recommended from many other copywriters.
- How Do You Know If You’re “Creative?”
- The Science of Love and Persuasion
- Writing Ads That Let You Sleep at Night
- What Copywriters Should Know About Copyrights
Kissmetrics actually sells analytics software, but who better to tell you about copywriting than 1) a company that sells stuff using copy and 2) a company that knows analytics. Oh, and Neil Patel is on here (cause he’s everywhere!).
- Everything You Need to Know About the Psychology of the Call to Action
- 3 Techniques That Will Double Your Social Media Content with Half the Effort
- How To Set Marketing Goals You Can Actually Achieve: Advice From The Experts
- Why SEO Is Actually All About Content Marketing
I write about Buffer’s blog a lot. I love Buffer–their blog, their service, their happiness heros that I want to hug. I would cuddle with Buffer, if Buffer was a person. They’re just so reliable, ya know?
- If Don Draper Tweeted: The 27 Copywriting Formulas That Will Drive Clicks and Engagement on Social Media
- 8 Simple Copywriting Tips, Backed By Science
- The Time It Takes to Write a Buffer Blog Post (And How We Spend Every Minute)
Not a full list!
While I listed my favorites, this is not a conclusive list. It would probably take me all day to track down all the copywriting websites online.
If you have a favorite that’s not listed, let me know in the comments below.